". . . Day by day, minute by minute, second by second we went from where we were to where we are now. Time never stands still; it must steadily march on, and with the marching comes the changes. . . The tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleanded surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will - to your surprise - miss them profoundly. . . Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey. . . For one day each of us will run out of tomorrows." -Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Friday, February 6, 2009

Hunter's Little Buddies!

I first have to give a little background on me when I was little... I loved my stuffed animals. They were my BEST FRIENDS in the whole world! I was so afraid of the dark, and all my mom would have to do is place a bunch of my stuffed animals around me and I would be okay {with a nightlight too of course!} Some nights when I would get extra scared, I would lay down in bed and make her put EVERY stuffed animal I HAD around me.... making sure every part of me had an animal on it! :) I was silly, but they were my comforting pals.

So now back to the present... this week Hunter, Tyler, and I all got sick with the flu. I always keep a bunch of Hunter's stuffed animals in his crib with him not thinking anything of it. On Tuesday though he threw up all over his crib and got a lot of his animals, so I removed most of them. Then Wednesday came, and he did it again, so I removed the rest of them. Last night {Thursday}, I layed him down to go to sleep and I always wind up his music snow globe to put him to sleep. I walked out and he just started to cry hysterically, which he never does so I went back in. He stopped crying while I was there but he was saying over and over "Gah, gah, gah, gah....", which in Hunter Language means he wants something, but of course what?? So I tried the usual, and nothing, still more "gah, gah...". Then, for some reason it clicked.... ANIMALS! He needs his buddies! I hadn't washed all his usual ones yet but he has a million! So I got all the ones through the house I could find, put them in his crib with him, turned his music on again, and left.... and MAGIC! He's just like his MOMMY! All he needed was his BUDDIES:)

8 comments:

Tanada said...

Very, very cute!! I was the same way as a kid. My sisters and I used to make cars for our stuffies and they would be arranged in families as they drove to church.

The Ostlers said...

Oh what a sweetheart! I loved getting to sit by you at the wedding last night... you are so fun to talk to!

Suzanne Gnehm said...

What a cute little guy. I just love that kid. Glad he is feeling better.

The Hatch Batch said...

What a cute story! I'm so sorry to hear you all had the flu at the same time! How aweful:(

anne said...

He has a bedtime checklist too. So cute. Aliyah usually asks for about 5 books, her stuffed puppy, and anything else she can think of.

Jennie said...

he is sooo cute! that is such a cute picture! :)

Addie May said...

WOW. I am laughing my head off! That is so cute and funny and sounds just like you! Hunter LOVES to call me! He left me a message last night...and a few days ago. I would like to think that I am one of his "buddies" too!! :) Sorry you had the flu...that's the worst...

Tanada said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am so glad you are in our ward. You are a kind person and I'm thankful that I get to know you.